Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tool # 11

My favorite tool is BrainPop. I know I have alot more discovering to do but I love BrainPop. I spent a lot of time looking at the lessons on bullying. there were actually fewer videos than I expected. But the best part are the "other" things you can do after the video. They had an easy or hard quiz. They had a word wall, pop a joke, finish a cartoon activity, belly up activity, game, lesson ideas for teachers & families, draw about it, write about it, read about it & talk about it. All of these activities were cute & held your attention. They could all be done on the active board with me leading the lesson or if the students are in the computer lab they could all be doing the same or different activities on the same topic. They could "choose" how to express what they just learned from the video & discussion. I have already stated that I love using the videos from YouTube. I love Wordle...I think students would enjoy making wordles to express feelings/learning about the topic taught. I loved the wall. I feel certain that I will use Brainpop in my lessons because they are fun for kids. I think they will easily stay focused.
since I don't have a classroom I can't make the kind of plans that question #2 asks....but I have changed my paradigm regarding technology for me & it's use in classroom guidance. I am much more comfortable now . I will probably try to create some lessons & be ready to use them....esp for next year.
No super unexpected outcomes other than It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I hate to say that but I was pretty fearful. I still feel a bit uncertain because I have that old fear that if I click the wrong button everything will disappear!

1 comment:

  1. How honest...but instead of fearful, because you have shined in your efforts, maybe overwhelmed????There is so much out there but you have made a gallant foray into "tooling"!Congratulations for finishing.

    ReplyDelete